Our Data Protection Officer is Martin Hubbard. All data and information privacy concerns should be addressed directly to martin@blanketID.com
All of your personal data is directly accessible to you by logging in to your account. Deleting your data will completely remove it from the site. Please contact us if you wish your data to be immediately removed from back up files. Over time, as subsequent backup files are created, your data will eventually be removed from these files and completely from our organization.
In the unlikely event that our system is breached and your Personal Information exposed, we will notify you within 72 hours of discovering such a breach.
The types of data that we collect
1. Your name, address and contact details (including telephone numbers, cell phone numbers and email address(es). We use this information to contact you as necessary:
- In the event that your pet goes missing, or is found or there are changes to our policies or the way our website operates.
- To respond to an enquiry or question from you.
- To advise you when your subscription is expiring and to offer you the opportunity to renew your service.
- To send you our newsletter if you have chosen to subscribe to it.
- To advise you of news and developments in our service.
- To send you any products that you have ordered from us.
Your personal information is never traded or exchanged with any other company nor supplied to any mailing list.
In the event that your pet's blanket ID tag number is entered into the site to find its owner, only the information that you have chosen to be revealed will be displayed. You can change this information and permission at any time by logging in to your account and changing your preferences.
You may change your details at any time by logging in to your account at www.blanketID.com and editing as required.
2. Information on how you use our website
This information is collected anonymously and used only to help us understand how we can improve the operation of our site. No personal information is collected or stored.
3. Email addresses and contact details of others that you supply for the purposes of emergency contacts and notifications if your pet goes missing.
We assume that you have received permission to supply us with these details and they are used and protected in the same way as your other personal data. This data is also removed when you request your data to be deleted.
Your data is not automatically removed when your membership expires. We retain data on your behalf in case you decide to reactivate your membership or purchase another blanket product for another pet.
Online security of your information
We do not collect or store your credit card details. When you make a payment at www.blanketID.com you are connected directly to our payment solution provider by an encrypted secure connection.
When you log in to your personal account at www.blanketID.com all information is exchanged over an encrypted secure link to protect your privacy.
Communication from blanketID.com
With the exception of emails to notify you about issues that may affect your use of the site, all emails will offer you an 'unsubscribe' link. If you do not wish to receive communications from us, simply use the link and we will cease to send mail to you.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your privacy and personal data please email them to our Data Protection Officer martin@blanketID.com